If you experience “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” when trying to access to wp-admin, then the user role might have been changed. It doesn’t necessary mean that you change it, but some plugins might be able to change it for you. For example, if you have bbPress plugin installed and experienced the issue, it is very likely it is the bbPress modify the user role. Now, it will be painful to go to phpmyadmin and go through database and modify the role. Especially, you do not have experience with phpmyadmin, modifying database might caused some errors. There is actually an easy way to reset the role to proper permission.
How to access to wp-admin with “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” error message?
– login to cPanel or Ftp
– Go to wp-content -> plugins, and rename the bbPress folder
– Now, you should be able to login to wp-admin
– Go to plugins -> add new
– Search for “user role editor”; install and activate that
– Now, go back to wp-content -> plugins, and rename bbPress folder back to its original name
– Go back to wp-admin, and then go to Users -> User Role Editor
– Click the Reset button
– After that, you should be able to login to wp-admin without the “You Do Not Have Sufficient Permissions to Access this Page bbPress” error
Of course, this solution might be working for all “You Do Not Have Sufficient Permissions to Access this Page bbPress” error, not only caused by bbPress. You can always try it and find out. Hopefully, this simple solution is able to fix your issue. If you have any question, feel free to leave a comment.